Raisin Scones

Friday, October 31, 2014

I was asked to bake some scones for a charity bake sale and I decided to try a new recipe. I fell to the safe bet - Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. I only recently watched her make these scones on her TV show (Food Network) and they looked delicious. To accompany the scones, I made Raspberry Butter and whipped some cream. The scones turned out great; light and fluffy and golden all over.


                      




Notes about this recipe:
1. Use 1 tsp of salt instead of 2.
2. Heavy cream = Double Cream.
3. I used a round cutter that was 3 inches wide- you don't have to use the square cutter here.
3. Recipes makes 14-16.
4. Bake in fan oven at 180 degrees for 18 minutes.
If you are unsure if your scones are done, just cut one open and look inside to see if they need a few minutes more. This is also a great excuse to eat the scone, because you can't serve a cut up scone to someone, right?!

Once you are happy that your scones are cooked, place them on a wire rack and allow them to cool.

Along with this I also whipped together 1/4lb of Kerrygold butter with 1/3 cup (about 2-3 heaped tbsp) of good raspberry jam and a pinch of salt to make the Raspberry Butter.

With the raspberry butter, I suppose you are just cutting out the "extra hassle" (I put that in quotations, because it's NOT an extra hassle) of having to spread butter AND jam onto your scone, but together they make a lovely creamy and sweet topping for your scone.

I also used the leftover cream I had and whipped this up to serve with the scones. 

I found a tray and covered it in a nice linen tea towel, and placed the scones inside. This can then be served with the butter and cream in their jars.


                   




Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Pin This

No comments:

Post a Comment