American Style Pancakes

Monday, February 13, 2017


I made a last minute decision to make some American Style Pancakes for a brunch we were hosting. I couldn't find a recipe in my cookbooks - it seems the only Barefoot Contessa cookbook that I don't own is the one with a recipe for this. I ended up turning to good old google and scrolled to find Jamie Oliver's recipe as I find that his or BBC Good Food's recipes rarely let you down. A quick look at the recipe for the ingredients, it looked simple enough so off I went to make it.


You can find the recipe here -
Jamie Oliver's American Pancake Recipe - and as he states it is "super easy". It contains the most basic 4 ingredients that you could find in your kitchen on a lazy Sunday morning, and a really simple method. The batter is able to be used straight away - which is another bonus as you don't have to wait around to use it. They turned out well - looking and tasting the part of American Style Pancakes.

I served the pancakes on a plate but also provided fruit, maple syrup & crispy bacon so I could let our guests decide what to put on their own, with one opting for all three plus some butter!

Feedback on them were good and I will definitely make these again, as they are quick, fluffy and delicious - a real crowd pleaser. We had doubled the recipe and kept them warm in the top oven as we made the batches. I saw some feedback on the recipe page itself where some users thought they were eggy. I didn't find this but if you prefer less egg - use medium eggs instead of large.




Photo 1 via Visual hunt
Photo 2 via Yummy Yummerson
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Pin This

No comments:

Post a Comment